The Albemarle County School Board passed its FY2011 funding request Thursday evening. I have updated my budget analysis spreadsheet (with a look at hypothetical tax rates) and provided a list of the Tier I cuts that were implemented to arrive at the current budget.
You can also download the EXCEL file to evaluate tax rate changes for your household.
If you were following me on Twitter Thursday night, here were my running notes:
- Getting ready to start the last budget work session before we send request to Board of Supervisors for support #acpsbudget
- AHS redistricting as cost savings measure-athletic fix (AAA->AA) has been taken off the table entirely for this budget #acpsbudget
- McDonnell's budget for education reduces funding for standards of quality (SOQ), eliminates no SOQ mandates, we pay difference #acpsbudget
- Alb Co School Board approves $145,226,797 funding request for FY11 operations #acpsbudget
- Funding request for FY11 exceeds currently available revenues by $8.8 million #acpsbudget
- Making up difference only w/real estate property taxes is approx +10.68 cent rate increase #acpsbudget
- A +10.68 cent tax increase in Albemarle costs median sale price home $227.53 more in taxes vs. 2009 #acpsbudget
- School budget now gets transmitted to Albemarle County Board of Supervisors for review #acpsbudget